Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just Keep Swimming!

Well, I still have my job. Thanks for the prayers. I did not get the letter of reprimand, so now it's just a matter of keeping up the good work and improving where I still have weaknesses. One of those is developing more friendly working/social relationships with people, which is something I am not good at it. I tend to approach a job, sort of keep my head down at it, and then go home. It just doesn't work in this office, and makes people think I'm stuck up, and then a know-it-all if I do end up saying something, particularly if I express an opinion. Maybe I just shouldn't express any opinions. Sigh. Now, how I balance that without participating in conversations that I know I shouldn't participate in as a Christian is the big question. We'll see how it works out.

Cooper is job-searching yet again; his internship ends on November 19. We are praying for something full time so I can eventually be the stay-at-home wife/potential future mom. It may be out of the state, which is sort of scary but exciting at the same time. But God has brought us through this sort of thing before so I know He can do it again.

Otherwise, life moves along and we do our best to be obedient and faithful to the Lord, even if that's not in any flashy way. We're really pretty boring. But I trust the Lord is using us. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

2 comments:

  1. We love you guys! Keep up the good work (or swimming)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the job is doing somewhat better!

    ReplyDelete