Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Musicals and Mayhem

I've been a long while in updating...sorry about that! As Hello Dolly approached opening weekend, we had non-stop rehearsals. It was pretty intense. But now it's over (sad/happy thing), and some pictures of the fun (thanks Alia and Cooper!) appear below. I would like to audition for something else in the future, though maybe not with FLOC; not super interested in the doctrinely-weird Jesus Christ, Superstar that they're doing next.

Another reason I haven't written much is because I've been really stressed out with work. Without getting into too much painful detail (though many readers may already know the circumstances as I sent out family/close friends an email about it), I've been given a letter of warning, which is the first step in deciding whether to fire someone. I've been working my tail off and praying to correct what I'm doing wrong (not a big sin issue or anything, I'm mostly just not very cut out to be a receptionist...which reminds me of a great Pam quote from The Office: "I just don't think many little girls grow up dreaming that they will be a receptionist!" ). Needless to say, I need prayer to do well at my job and be Christ's example in everything I do. If you think of it, please pray for me.

In general, life is a bit difficult at the moment. I'll just be real about that. It seems like one of those seasons fraught with little trials and little frustrations that sort of add up and can be overwhelming, but I'm comforted by the grace of Jesus, His unconditional acceptance of me, the knowledge that He is in sovereign control and has ordained these trials, and it doesn't hurt to sing to myself a verse of my favorite hymn now and then (Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken):

Man may trouble and distress me
'Twill but drive me to Thy breast
Life with trials hard may press me
Heaven will bring me sweeter rest
O 'tis not in grief to harm me
While Thy love is left to me
Oh, 'twere not in joy to charm me
Were that joy unmixed with Thee
  
And crying on my sweet husband's shoulder always helps too. :-)

Me after the show, in my flapper-like ensemble. These photos are in no particular order.

Sunday Clothes! My dance partner, David, was really nice and kind of reminded me of my Pop-Pop.

Heather and I, as Harmonia Garden entertainment, carrying a large boar's head on a platter. Mmmmm.

My tango partner, Kevin. We really deserved that trophy all along. :-D

The cast on stage for the finale ultimo/bows.

It takes a woman/all powered and pink/to joyously clean out/the drain in the sink...

Before the Parade Passes By

Dancing waiter blurs! I'm one of those blurs, getting to resurrect my ballet skills (or what little ever existed of them)

The courthouse scene...It was all Mr. Vandergelder's fault.

My dear friend Alia and I, old roomies, and we got to be "twins" in the show.

During our first attempt at this shot, Brian, aka Cornelius Hackle, added himself to the picture.

Alia, Brian, and Suzy (Dolly) got a funny bit.

My favorite dance partner, Cooper.

More Parade

Dancing with a tray...I am twice the age of the rest of the corps de ballet. :-)

My Parade moment

2 comments:

  1. It was fun watching you! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this rough time passes and great photos, glad you got to do that!!

    ReplyDelete