Wednesday, October 26, 2011

NaNoWriMo...I'm Doing It!

Don't mistake the exclamation point in the title for enthusiasm. It's more of a, "What the heck am I getting myself into?!"

NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, is a way for aspiring authors to attempt to write the novel they always say they will but never get around to doing. (Sound familiar?) It provides accountability, kicks in the pants, and encouragement to just go for it and finish that novel...IN ONE MONTH.

I've signed up, made a profile, and am staring at the website with apprehension. Novel planning. Daily word counts. Sweating over a keyboard. Eek!

Weirdly (or not so weirdly), I've often done my best writing under pressure. So maybe this will be appropriate pressure to get myself out of my writing rut caused by grad school and start doing something I once loved and that I believe that God gifted me with to use for Him.

 Pray for me! Here is the website, if you are interested in what NaNoWriMo is all about. http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/dashboard

2 comments: