I realize I have not updated on life in awhile, mostly because there hasn't been anything major to update on since I last wrote, but here it goes anyway.
I'm still working at my job, still doing the same thing, still somewhat bored most of the time but grateful I have a job with steady income and insurance, and I'm ever keeping my eyes open for advisor positions, which maybe one day I'll actually get. Cooper is still working his hospital bed delivery job, though it might be more accurate to say he is still on payroll because he rarely gets any extra hours apart from his monthly stipend. So he applied and got a security position at a golf resort/private ritzy neighborhood in town that has required him to work night shifts, which has been an adjustment but not quite as difficult an adjustment as I anticipated, so praise the Lord for that. He's almost working full-time with that, so it has been good to have extra income in that sense as well. He is considering going back to school in the fall to see about pursuing a computer science degree, but that has yet to be decided on fully. We will see!
Our new apartment/townhouse is great and I feel like I could actually stay in this place for a longer period of time. It's really feeling homey now, and having a cat is lovely. God really gave us a sweet kitty, and she's been a source of joy and entertainment and warm furry-ness for both of us.
We are both anticipating spring, but our town seems to not want to decide on a season, and when it does, it seems to like winter better. We are supposed to get a large snowstorm this weekend, and I'm praying it's the last of the season, because I'm really sick of winter. But I'm not holding my breath. We managed to take a short weekend trip south for a friend's wedding, and that was a nice change into warm scenery. I was also able to attend a book festival with the friend we stayed with and sit in on some author-led workshops about writing. That was helpful and enjoyable.
In two weekends we are planning a girls' trip to Phoenix and a night on a town, which I'm really looking forward to. In May, Cooper has planned a surprise early anniversary trip somewhere, I'm not sure where! I have some guesses, but I am trying not to think too much about it so I don't ruin the surprise! I am really looking forward to it though. We haven't had an actual vacation in a long time. The rest of the summer will probably consist of working for both of us, me auditioning for another musical (I really had fun with that last summer and would love to do it again) maybe some weekend jaunts here and there, and the arrival of two nephews in June (which will likely involve visits from out-of-town family). That will be good too.
As far as the God-walk, it has been going better. I've been reading my Bible more regularly. I have returned to Facebook because it's the way I keep in contact with so many people, but I've resolved to not start or engage in Facebook moral/political debates. I'm struggling a bit with loneliness and not feeling like I fit in anywhere at church, and dealing, at this very moment in fact, with some hurt feelings (mine) and trying to figure out what I need to apologize for and who I need to confront, if at all, and whether or not to remove myself from the situation entirely from here on out. We will see. I don't want to say more than that, but prayers are appreciated, if you think of it. Oh, and I'm writing again! Actually writing! I will probably not show anybody the draft (a general fiction novel) until it's completed (though I've already broken that rule with Cooper, but he can be the exception), but once it's done, I will show it to a select, gentle few, and then make it more available for feedback after that. But I'm excited to be writing something I'm passionate about again. It feels good.
Blessings to all of you!
I've had the same problem with getting into debates on Facebook! Glad I'm not the only one working on that. Will be praying for your situation.
ReplyDelete