Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Keyboard Abuse and Jane Austen murder (?!)

Nanowrimo update: 12,127 words.

Bangs head against keyboard.

I have a great setting and an interesting premise, but my characters are just boring. Seriously. If I met these people on the street, I think I'd listen politely to their stories and suppress multiple yawns. And then invent a lame excuse to leave.

I really just need to pound out the 50,000 words and not worry so much about this. I can make my characters interesting later when I'm not under a time-crunch challenge. But it's utter tedium at the moment.

In other news, saw a cool article on Yahoo that there is a new theory surfacing that Jane Austen died not of cancer or Addison's disease, but by arsenic poisoning. It is not likely that she was murdered, the article says, since arsenic was typically used in medicines at the time, but that is not stopping a crime novelist who stumbled upon this interesting development from writing a historical thriller about Jane Austen being murdered. And if and when said book surfaces, you can bet I'll be waiting in line for that one.

See, why can't I come up with a cool idea like that??

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you! Sorry I didn't text you back a few days back; was on deadline (ugh). Hope things are well and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete