Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fun in the Fall

So, although our lives mostly consist of work and crashing at home, Cooper and I have still managed to get out and have some fun these last couple weeks.

Cooper surprised me a couple months ago with a gift that caters to my nerdy passion (I firmly believe everyone has one, whether they admit it or not): Harry Potter! He got us school robes and wands and then to complete the costume, I ordered Gryffindor scarves. Except when we got them, we got a Gryffindor scarf and a Slytherin scarf, which I was just very offended by so I had to send  it back. How dare they think I'd want to associate myself with Slytherin?! :-P

So that was our Halloween costume, which we completed with British-style school uniforms and we wore them to a low-key party at the Lighthouse. See the pictures after the post (and thanks David for taking the pictures!)

(And if you are offended by Harry Potter, please see my post here before you comment on that! I've thought it through carefully!)

And it's nearly official...we are moving! In town, so no big exoduses away from here. We're moving two a 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath town home close to where we are now, though not nearly as convenient for the bus system, so I am going to have to get more creative with my commute to work. I'm excited for the extra space and a more house-like quality. Cooper's job is ending on the 19th, and he's searching for a new one. PLEASE PRAY. We're moving in December, so Christmas this year is going to be interesting. I will have to enjoy family and friends' decorations and not put up my own, I'm afraid. Oh well.

I love Christmas, and I'm starting to hear those silver bells. I keep wanting to play Christmas music but I'm holding back a bit because I don't want to be sick of it by the end of December. And we've already had our first snow; nothing catastrophic, but enough to stick and be cold and look wintery. I'm not really a fan of snow at all, but this one wasn't too bad, and it happened on the weekend so I didn't have to trudge to the bus stop in it. If only I would be so lucky all winter!

As far as for NaNoWriMo (or as Cooper calls it, Tiny Rhinoceros) ...I'm up to 8182 words. The goal is 50,000 by the end of the month, so I've got a loooooong way to go. I sort of cheated and am doing a novel I already started rather than from scratch, but I'm sort of okay with that. Now maybe I should go pound out a page or two rather than procrastinate here.



Cooper and I, with John in the middle.

Goofing off with Rob, aka Captain Jack Sparrow

Expelliarmus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment